To link field to fabric along the supply chain, this module contains information that can influence fibre quality at a field level.
Key fibre quality issues to be addressed in this Module include:
- Maintaining and improving fibre length through variety choice;
- Producing fibre within the optimum micronaire range through high yield management strategies; appropriate defoliation and harvest preparation;
- Reducing nep content through effective defoliation and harvest preparation;
- Better management of fibre moisture in the field and through the gin; and reduced requirement for cleaning processes in the gin;
- Minimising contamination found in Australian cotton bales;
- Ensuring fibre quality uniformity and consistency within and between years.